Medication Holiday

Well, I decided to reward my frontal cortex yesterday and skip my daily Concerta/Prozac dose. I survived, and I actually felt quite laid back all day. I brought two of my ADHD handbooks to read, but of course I've been procrastinating finishing them. I think that it takes me about 3-4 months to read one book and actually be able to comprehend what it is about. Not bad. I was at about 2 years before I started my journey.

My life coach got "on me" after our last session. She's pretty sharp, and knows when I am trying to hide something from her. I look at the ADHD related struggles I have as problems. She was quick to correct me and call them " Challenges". I need to practice positive self talk, and be more kind to myself.

She also brought up the point that she is not a mind reader. If I am struggling I need to be able to ask for help. If I struggle and don't ask for help, then it will be no surprise when I slowly drown.

So, my New Years resolution is simple. I'm going to ask for help when i'm struggling. That sounds doable. Although, I also do need to start a gym routine and lose 40 pounds- self advocacy sounds strangely fulfilling.
~D~

0 comments:

Post a Comment