SO...

I have a confession to make.  I am a library fugitive.  When I was on meds the first time around, I was able to do the check out and return thingie.  Well, Since my medication holiday, I now owe the Mid-Hudson Library  a little over two-hundred dollars.  If they were to look up the books I had checked out, all which were ADHD, organization books, and procrastination books- they would have understood who I had not returned the books.  I took these books out back in November.  Not only are they all unread, they are all sitting in the same tote bag I brought them home in- which is currently under a few comforters that have fallen on the floor that I've been *meaning* to pick up for a long time.

So, when I get my income tax I will pay my fines so I can be an upstanding citizen once again.  Maybe I will even read then!  ADHD reading is much like a 3 year old trying to read a picture book.  We flip/scan two or three pages, and then wow I really need to take a nap.

My fiance and I watched Up last night.  To those who saw it, I hope you can appreciate the similarities between the dogs and our ADHD minds.  Because the dogs were outfitted with special collars, humans could understand then.  The dogs, mid-sentence would change topics completely.







I feel like this exemplifies me. How many times do we interrupt out partners or friends to interject a thought that has no relevance to the current conversation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment